1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else got the email alert after withdrawal (Indian Paypal Users) ??

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by deluxdon, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm curious if masspay will also be considered as personal payment since ad networks don't seem to be providing any shipping address while sending payments using the masspay feature.

The latest blog post by Anuj does not say anything about masspay payments

peepin2me, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  2. Wisden Writers

Wisden Writers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ narayananblaze I am not scaring here anyone, read my post and I mentioned this too at end.
    I am just updating what info is coming from responsible sources.

And I am also suffering big time with this and almost 4000$ returned today in my PP. So I am as much worried as you or anyone else here.

Wisden Writers, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  3. narayananblaze

narayananblaze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, right? So, let's hope for the best positive from paypal :)

narayananblaze, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  4. jamesrocky

jamesrocky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got an email from paypal and it says

We have restored the amount of your recent withdrawal into your PayPal balance.
    Within the next 24 hours, you will also see a separate PayPal reimbursement for any withdrawal fees charged and variance in the foreign exchange rate over the last week. This should ensure that you will not be adversely affected by currency fluctuations during the last week.
    Thank you for your patience while we work to address the issue of processing withdrawals to Indian bank accounts. We will contact you again in a few days with an update and, if the issue is resolved, you can initiate another withdrawal at that time. In the meantime, you will have the ability to spend your balance to purchase goods or services if you choose.
    Thank You,
    PayPal

jamesrocky, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  5. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think things are gonna be back to normal in days and not in months as per a email i got from paypal sometime back

We have restored the amount of your recent withdrawal into your PayPal balance.

Within the next 24 hours, you will also see a separate PayPal reimbursement for any withdrawal fees charged and variance in the foreign exchange rate over the last week. This should ensure that you will not be adversely affected by currency fluctuations during the last week.

Thank you for your patience while we work to address the issue of processing withdrawals to Indian bank accounts. We will contact you again in a few days with an update and, if the issue is resolved, you can initiate another withdrawal at that time. In the meantime, you will have the ability to spend your balance to purchase goods or services if you choose.

Thank You,

PayPal

Bohra, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  6. narayananblaze

narayananblaze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's sweet :)

narayananblaze, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. prasant4u

prasant4u Member

Best Answers:
    Good morning .. any more reversal happened after 7th feb ?

prasant4u, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. mesarwar

mesarwar Peon

Best Answers:
    when can i withdraw my paypal balance to my account,because when the problem is start paypal is not warned us,then how can we think that when the problem is sorted out they confirmed us?

mesarwar, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  9. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For now use a service like xoom.com

Bohra, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  10. mesarwar

mesarwar Peon

Best Answers:
    i got back my bank transaction to my paypal account

mesarwar, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  11. amit_online

amit_online Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the status with Xoom transfer from paypal to bank account. At last count I think only 1 person was able to do it, for all others it didnt work.

amit_online, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  12. prasant4u

prasant4u Member

Best Answers:
    No i don't want mean bank withdrawal .. i want mean any more paypal payment reversal happened after 7th feb ?

prasant4u, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  13. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think if your paypal account has been there for a long amount of time then they verify you easily

Bohra, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  14. phpmymovie

phpmymovie Peon

Best Answers:
    i am from india and now paypal is not transferring funds to my indian SBI account :( they are saying that they are having some problem

phpmymovie, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  15. 123kusha

123kusha Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the same problem :S

123kusha, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  16. swalihmcmr

swalihmcmr Member

Best Answers:
    swalihmcmr, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  17. anurag_ghosh

anurag_ghosh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, this is what PayPal had to say today:

"We have restored the amount of your recent withdrawal into your PayPal balance.

Thank You,

PayPal"

I think, they are reimbursing the withdrawal fees. I lost 30 USD in this process. Hope they will reimburse $30 :)

anurag_ghosh, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  18. riamathews

riamathews Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all..Good Morning and Hapy News to all of you :) :)
    =======================

Anuj Nayar from Paypal has at last responded with answers..Paypal's official announcement

It’s Anuj from the communications team here again.

Following on from my blog post on Saturday, I’ve received a number of questions about the situation in India and I thought it’d be best to simply answer the questions in a blog post.

Here are answers to the top questions I’ve received:

1. Why did you suspend local bank transfers and personal payments to and from India?

We temporarily suspended these services to respond to enquiries from the Indian regulators, specifically questions on whether personal payments constitute remittances into India.

We’re working with the regulators and our bank processing partners in India to get this resolved as quickly as we can. We realize that this is causing considerable inconvenience to our customers and I want to reassure you that this is a top priority for the leadership at PayPal

2. When will personal payments be turned back on?

The regulators recently let PayPal know about revised licensing rules that we are now actively engaged in securing. Personal payments to and from India will be suspended for at least a few months until we fully resolve the questions from the Indian regulators.

3. When will local bank withdrawals be available?

Customers should be able to withdraw their funds to a local bank within the next few days. In the meantime, we’re going to restore the money into the PayPal accounts of any customers in India who have initiated a recent withdrawal, so they know that the money is safe in their accounts. Customers will also be reimbursed for any withdrawal fee charges.

4.The PayPal reversal has left me with a negative balance. What shall I do?

If you bought something or transferred money out of your PayPal account to your bank account before we reversed the payment then you may be left with a negative balance.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, you should contact the sender and have him or her resend the payment as follows:

(a) click the Send Money tab, and

(b) select “purchase.”

If this was a personal payment, then the sender will need to find another payment method until we restore the service. We’re sorry about this.

If you can’t recover the funds from the sender, you can bring your PayPal balance current by logging in to the PayPal account and clicking the “Resolve Negative Balance” link on the Account Overview page.

5. My payment was reversed but it was not a personal payment. What happened?

Only personal payments should have been reversed. Customers who believe that their payments were reversed in error should request that the payment be sent again by following the steps above (click the Send Money tab and select “purchase.”)

If you are still having problems, please contact PayPal customer support

I hope that this helps clear up some of the confusion around the situation in India and I’d like to take the opportunity to personally apologize on behalf of PayPal for the inconvenience that this is causing our customers.

Anuj
    PayPal
    :) :)

===========

Remember: Customers should be able to withdraw their funds to a local bank within the next few days. So you need to wait few more days for withdrawing funds to Banks in India ...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    riamathews, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  19. anurag_ghosh

anurag_ghosh Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great news!! :)

anurag_ghosh, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  20. sumeetrajaggarwal

sumeetrajaggarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah thats grt that we would be able to transfer funds to our accounts. But I'll be looking at Moneybookers also for future if any problem like this arises.

sumeetrajaggarwal, Feb 9, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.