1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows 7 Debug (Will pay you, just help me understand why)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Scorpiono, Jan 2, 2010.

Hi guys, I'm so desperate that I'm going to pay the one who is willing to help me debug my Win7 64bit restart/bsod.

I have a Core2 Quad 3,0GHz, 8GD DDR3 Corsair Dual Channel, Nvidia 9600 GT.
    Everytime I run a game, it restarts and it's not overheating (everything is under 50 degrees, turned 2 vents on max, the GPU was 38 degrees).

I have the following log, whoever helps me also PM his paypal.

Analysis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 12/27/2009 1:52:07 PM your computer crashed
    This was likely caused by the following module: win32k.sys
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF900C08FDCF0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF960002EC69D, 0x0)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122709-18751-01.dmp
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 12/21/2009 9:36:01 PM your computer crashed
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF960000D4283, 0xFFFFF880085A6020, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122109-18236-01.dmp
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 12/10/2009 8:07:50 PM your computer crashed
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF96000134283, 0xFFFFF88005705020, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121009-16972-01.dmp

Scorpiono, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  2. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    Well after a little bit of searching around I found out it is probably something wrong with your hardware.

Take a look at this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957625.aspx

You should also consider updating your drivers for your hardware like your videocard.

But another thing that might be the problem is your ram. Try running memtest or taking one stick of your ram out (one at a time) and test your game to see if it runs ok.

QuackWare, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  3. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    Scan for malwares or run registry fixers. I think this is not a hardware problem (I take it you're not that noobi to install the wrong and outdated drivers)

Dondon2d, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  4. NeoCambell

NeoCambell Peon

Best Answers:
    Download the latest Nvidia 9600 GT drivers for Win7/64-bit and update your system.

If this is not working for you, then you must re-install the system. Make sure you only install Win 7 64-bit, Drivers and Nvidia driver then try out the Game (It can be a software conflict).

If re-installing is also not even working, let me know.

NeoCambell, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  5. proud2bpinoy

proud2bpinoy Peon

Best Answers:
    WHat games are you running? is there an exact scenario where you only opened a software that is not a game?

0. try to run a windows update first to make sure we have the updated and compatible drivers on hand, this will ensure that the error is exclusive to the system
    1. It always restarts because the bios is set to restart automatically when a system crash / BSOD occurs
    2. I recommend a fresh install on your machine without any drivers, then start installing each driver one by one, taking note of observations on performance, then install the nvidia driver last
    3. on start type dxdiag in the Start Search then system tab make sure that check for WHQL signatures is ticked. Then, under the other four tabs, under notes, list if there are any problems found
    4. reseat your video card & ram, it's easy and it will not hurt your system
    5. update your video card driver as System_service_exception is commonly caused by old/incompatible drivers

im 80% sure this is a gfx driver error...

proud2bpinoy, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  6. wgcom

wgcom Peon

Best Answers:
    had exactly same issue a year ago, just replaced one ram dimm and it fixed it.
    most probably its your ram.

wgcom, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  7. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup it could be RAM if you can borrow from friends try checking first before buying. If you have 2 sticks try removing one after another and test.

Dondon2d, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  8. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay here is the actual problem remark, I'm going to paste it here for anyone having the same problems. They might google and end up here.
    It took me quite a while to realize why but here it goes:

DP45SG Intel MotherBoard has a known issue with the BIOS. It was released in a rush and the voltage settings for RAMs (My 1333MHz Corsair) are not the real one. A solution is to manually edit the RAM voltage settings which I don't recommend. A bios update its available at Intel's site, 121 is the latest I believe.
    This problem causes: BSODs, Restarts, Hard lock crash.

Before finding out this I have:
    - ran a heating test with NVidia Monitor and turned 2 fans at MAX keeping my GPU sooo cold, I knew it wasn't an overheating issue
    - ran MEMTEST, all fine
    - ran CHKDISK, all fine
    - updated each driver from it's manufacturer's site, excluding the issue piece by piece
    - updated BIOS as well - BUT - it did not pass through although it said "Bios successfully updated" because of the MB protection. I am going to run it on a flash drive and install it raw.

Cheers, hope this helps others

Scorpiono, Jan 3, 2010 IP