1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Impact of PR Update on Directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by snowbird, Jan 1, 2010.

I have seen a lot of people chatting about PR penalties being lifted on some directories. I'm not so sure if this is the case or just a hiccup. For example, out of 1800+ free directories, only 1 saw its PR dropped to PR 0/NR. Just one. Considering the massive number of dropped domains being used for free directories, I find this extremely odd as I noted in this forum post. In most PR toolbar exports, nearly all of the dropped domains being used by directories are taken down to PR 0/NR. Granted a few retain their PR or see their PR greatly reduced, but to see only one dropped domain get hammered is something I have never seen out of so many directories.

Some other interesting notes...

BOTW went from PR 6 to PR 7
    Directory Journal went from PR 6 to PR 5
    Plenty of other changes as seen on other threads here at DP.

Happy New Year Everyone!

snowbird, Jan 1, 2010 IP
    robjones and Bohra like this.
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shoot, all I did was move one of my blogs to another server and the G-machine dropped all of my backlinks and put me back at PR 0. I'd really like to know how these dropped domain directories are escaping. Seems like yet another reason to question this whole PR thing.

YMC, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  3. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    I think Google’s technicians got drunk on New Year party and some Bozo accidentally pulled wrong lever or
    they have decided to prank webmasters and laughing out laud played a practical jock to see the berserk PR frenzy.

On a serious note. As Snowbird says, the fact that dropped domains stay the same or moved up,
    Google most definitely had some glitch and I’m sure it will be corrected soon.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    Just as the minor updates for PageRank for inner pages... we could expect something like this soon probably to fix what possibly went wrong.

So you can never know...

hyper, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  5. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i have 90% up than down on my site directories

medrank up 5 to 6
    poezii down 5 to 4
    seven-directory 4 to 5
    zorg-links 0 to 4

i just know botw is up, they submit price is very high

Master Directory, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  6. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't the higher PRs mean that directories and their listings will become more valuable?

billybw, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If deemed a glitch, then it will be widespread and known that Google does in fact manipulate the SERPS by hand.

an0n, Jan 2, 2010 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  8. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not so sure about your observation about directories not loosing PR. A huge network of link*.info directories on your list (and mine), got totally devalued, many PR2 directories have a PR n/a now.

Though your observation about dropped domains is correct, many of them haven't lost any PR.

jitendraag, Jan 3, 2010 IP