1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

July 27th Indexed pages Decrease

Discussion in 'SEO' started by INV, Jul 27, 2006.

1. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    here's my stats since June 27th... it is NOT a pretty reading at all :([​IMG]

Can it get worse than this?:eek:

MikeSwede, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  2. Mattias

Mattias Banned

Best Answers:
    I haven't experienced de-indexed pages that is oldeer then around a month before drops.
    So i can't really explain the cause of that, might be a bigger problem in this theory then, or something else in your case.

BUT i have experienced smaller rank drops on older keywords, old as februari.
    Even if it's small drops, it seems to be effected by the "timewarp times".
    Newer sites that hasent been de-indexed has dropped ranks with 2-3pages.

I'm 100% sure this will be "fixed" within a week, as written. If it is the same google act, that would say.

/Mattias

Mattias, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  3. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    How are you "100% SURE" it will be fixed in a week? Do you work for google?

I can monitor every page google spiders on my sites, every single one, at the very minute they spider it. And I'm still seeing google spidering pages that DO NOT exist and haven't existed in months.

Google has serious indexing issues. I don't see how they're going to fix that in a week. Nor do I think they care to fix it as long as the $$$ are still rolling in.

wibr, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  4. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    still the same

tonyinabox, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  5. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I can also see that they are crawling old crap and I don't even know where they get it from. Maybe we should delete all the files from our servers and just keep the absolute needed ones. Right now Google is like a wayback machine, and they are not even good at it :(

MikeSwede, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  6. joelbauca

joelbauca Peon

Best Answers:
    my site indexed pages went down, it seems that google has a monthly cron job every 27th of the month of updating their index :(

joelbauca, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  7. Mattias

Mattias Banned

Best Answers:
    As written. I am 100% sure if it's the same problem again. And i also wrote that i do not know anything about de-indexed pages from april etc...

The strangest part is that nobody actually noticed it last time? For about 3 weeks ago?

Mattias, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  8. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean delete all of the pages that are in supp hell? Or maybe delete everything except the index page, then reupload everything in a day or two? I don't know...

The problem is I'm so tired of having to do something "special" just for google. I don't have to do anything but basic SEO for the other engines. Write articles, get links, build pages. That's it. Over time the pages are indexed and ranked. That's all I want. I'm not looking to be #1 for any term. Over time as pages "stick", links grow and I get decent rankings. It's so simple. And yet google is constantly complicating it.

I've really had it with google. It's unfortunate that so many people are using them for search. This puts all of us in the position of having to jump through google's silly hoops in order to get their traffic.

wibr, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  9. geej

geej Guest

Best Answers:
    They sent that on their own to a catch all email account. . Which I still recieved because I have things setup so what the email address is, if it has my domain it is forwarded to an inbox I check.

geej, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  10. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    http://72.14.207.104/ still shows low numbers. To check out Mattias' theory, I used www.pitch.com, a local alternative newspaper. It shows:
    111,000 for allinurl:www pitch.com
    38,000 for site:www pitch.com
    (add the dot - 65% decrease)
    152,000 for allinurl: pitch.com
    78,600 for site: pitch.com
    (remove the space - 49% decrease)
    I also played with www pitch.com/Issues/ because there are many pages with dates in the urls... for the first 100 results for site:www pitch.com/Issues/ none are in 2006... I think the latest date I saw was September of 2005. Hmmm....
    Of course that could be due to the link structure.

http://64.233.171.104/ shows the same numbers for my site, allinurl: and site: with or without the www. It is probably the most correct.
    By Mcdar.net's quick check tool, it also shows correct PR on a non-www check (I have a 301 to www in the .htaccess.)

NetMidWest, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  11. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is I'm so tired of having to do something "special" just for google. I don't have to do anything but basic SEO for the other engines. Write articles, get links, build pages. That's it. Over time the pages are indexed and ranked. That's all I want. I'm not looking to be #1 for any term. Over time as pages "stick", links grow and I get decent rankings. It's so simple. And yet google is constantly complicating it. [/QUOTE]

This is one of the sick ironies of what is happening at Google. Those of us who would prefer to focus on content development instead are forced to focus on SEO issues reducing the time we have to spend on our core mission. Making matters worse, we have to second guess our content development and potentially censor projects we would like to move forward on out of fear that the content might cause penalties that harm our entire site. If Google feels that some pages on my site don't contain valuable content then it should simply ignore those pages. It shouldn't punish my whole site.

If Google doesn't like what it sees are linking schemes like Coop, then they shouldn't give any weight to those types of outbound links. They shouldn't punish sites for selling advertising on their pages, because Google itself earns profits by selling advertising and we have as much right to sell ads/links directly via our own efforts as Google does. Punishing sites for selling links or forcing controls on how those links/ads are sold is an anti-competitive behavior by a monopoly that controls around 80% of the search market.

KLB, Jul 31, 2006 IP
    TheBrokenOne likes this.
  12. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only does Google control the search merket, they also control all sites and they control what we do, what we think/write and how we do it.
    Guess Big Daddy is something more than a lousy update :(

MikeSwede, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  13. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    From 16,000 to 800 for site:

Henny, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  14. ascensions

ascensions Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm curious.... because it's happening to me. When you type in the domain name, minus the .com, does it not show your site?

ascensions, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  15. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    64.233.167.104 is now showing the same results as 72.14.207.104, a decrease.

NetMidWest, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  16. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the search results aren't much better for my key phrases, but the number of pages returned for my site via the "site" command is more realistic. I wonder if this is the leading edge of the next update?

KLB, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  17. otssolutions_administrator

otssolutions_administrator Peon

Best Answers:
    but in my case site:netlinkis.com is very fine
    while
    allinurl:netlinkis.com is not fine can you explain it

SEO Forum

18. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    At this point in time I don't think anyone can explain what Google is doing. :mad:

KLB, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  19. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    64.233.167.99 now as well as others. Do a site:search here: http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    Those d/c's also show the main index page of my new site as the first result, www or not. The site is fairly new, auto-generated, and I do not have an accurate count...
    But for some sites, it does not show the main page... in fact, 72.14.207.104 is showing a supplemental page with a norobots, noindex, noarchive meta-tag as first for one site: search I did.
    And no d/c (via mcdar.net) shows PR on a non-www search now.

20. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    allinurl: will also bring up any url with your domain in it, including stuff like domain.com/redirect.php?site=netlinkis.com.
    It is easier to see the results I am speaking of with a fairly new site, one that has not been picked up on by scrapers.