1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spun articles for article directory submissions - issues with some theories on DP

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tyler_durden, Apr 9, 2009.

For months I have been reading everyone's theories on article marketing, and whether "spinning" articles is really worth it. I would like to put my 2 cents into the hat, and start a real discussion on this, because I believe there is some very serious views on this subject.

From what I can tell, there are two main reasons why webmasters write articles.

1) for direct sales, affiliate sales, etc.

2) for backlinks and SERP's on their own website.

For #1, I have read ezine articles is one of the best for promoting affiliate items and other similar sales pages. The pages rank very high in google and other search engines.

My main issue is with #2, and the idea that I keep on reading on Digital Point. I keep on reading that google has a "duplicate penalty" and if you are wanting good links for SERP's, every article you submit to an article site NEEDS TO BE unique. I find this truly hard to believe, and I want everyone's input. I believe google has a "duplicate filter", and not a "duplicate penalty". The web has billions of pages, and there's no way that every piece written could ever be unique. The filter that is in place is so when a searcher does his search, the article that was submitted to 100 directories does not fill up the first 100 pages of the search. That would be no use to the searcher. So, only one of the articles is shown in the search. This DOES NOT MEAN THE OTHER ARTICLES ARE JUNK in my mind.

You can get PR on any article on any site, even if submitted to many sites. Matt Cutts has even said a link is a link. So, why are there so many spun articles? If your objective is to spam the search engines and dominate the serp's on any subject with spun articles, that makes sense. But if you are looking at quality backlinks, what's wrong with sending a good quality article to the top 20 or 30 article directories?

tyler_durden, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    well as soon as I posted this, I remember that many of the top article directories request unique articles. I may have just answered my own question.

tyler_durden, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  3. IBuildLinks4You

IBuildLinks4You Banned

Best Answers:
    Links are discounted when on duplicate content.

Spun articles should be be popping out variations at least 30% unique from the original.

Only 30% is necessary. If you'll notice bloggers getting posts indexed when still heavily referencing articles (technically duplicate content), this is why the duplicate content penalty isn't as harsh as some might believe.

IBuildLinks4You, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  4. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what i'm not sure I believe. Has anyone done any tests or case studies to prove this theory? They may not sow up on a backlink search in google, but does that really mean they are discounted?

tyler_durden, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    contentboss, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  6. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    That page proved nothing of what I am trying to understand. I want proof that google devalues duplicate content as backlinks to a unique page on your own site. I completely understand the duplicate filter, and only showing one article in a users search.

I find it hard to believe that google would only pass link juice from one article site, instead of 20 if that's how many article sites that article is on, I'm ONLY referring to articles in regards to link juice and incoming links, not SERP placement for that article.

7. LindaAdams

LindaAdams Active Member

Best Answers:
    For months I have been datum everyone\'s theories on article marketing, and whether \"spinning\" articles is rattling worth it. I would same to locate my 2 cents into the hat, and move a actual communicating on this, because I conceive there is whatever rattling earnest views on this subject.

From what I can tell, there are digit important reasons why webmasters indite articles.

1) for candid sales, affiliate sales, etc.

2) for backlinks and SERP\'s on their possess website.

For #1, I have feature ezine articles is digit of the prizewinning for promoting affiliate items and another kindred income pages. The pages surpass rattling broad in google and another see engines.

My important supply is with #2, and the intent that I ready on datum on Digital Point. I ready on datum that google has a \"duplicate penalty\" and if you are wanting beatific course for SERP\'s, every article you accede to an article locate NEEDS TO BE unique. I encounter this genuinely hornlike to believe, and I desire everyone\'s input. I conceive google has a \"duplicate filter\", and not a \"duplicate penalty\". The scheme has zillions of pages, and there\'s no way that every example cursive could ever be unique. The separate that is in locate is so when a person does his search, the article that was submitted to 100 directories does not modify up the prototypal 100 pages of the search. That would be no consume to the searcher. So, exclusive digit of the articles is shown in the search. This DOES NOT MEAN THE OTHER ARTICLES ARE JUNK in my mind.

You can intend PR on some article on some site, modify if submitted to some sites. Matt Cutts has modify said a unification is a link. So, why are there so some spun articles? If your neutral is to email the see engines and lie the serp\'s on some person with spun articles, that makes sense. But if you are hunting at premium backlinks, what\'s criminal with sending a beatific premium article to the crowning 20 or 30 article directories?

(this spun with RandomPaper.com)

LindaAdams, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  8. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    Hah! I tried understanding it, but couldn't even though I wrote it!

9. Soamelt

Soamelt Peon

Best Answers:
    like ibuildlinks4you said, look at the analogy of writing a post on a blog about an object. if you write something great and 20 other sites link to you and paraphrase your words (rewrite/spin) or quote them directly (dup content), that's considered a positive organic link. your post would then usually rank higher in SERPs for that object. article submissions shouldn't be any different.

Soamelt, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  10. IBuildLinks4You

IBuildLinks4You Banned

Best Answers:
    Tyler don't waste your time theorizing if you don't believe me.

Take an hour out of your day to write an article and submit the same to 100 article directories and track your backlinks over time.

IBuildLinks4You, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  11. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    If it was that easy then there won't be so many posts from people asking how to rank high in search engines.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  12. harimanm

harimanm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is thruth that all articles which will be submitted to articles directory must be unique. I think in articles there is an editor so the editor will look after the articles and make some corrections if there are any duplicate content. Original articles and get quality articles are the most important things to get the best result in SERP.

harimanm, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  13. IBuildLinks4You

IBuildLinks4You Banned

Best Answers:
    lol what? We're not talking about how to rank high in search engines.

This process we're talking about is simple.

Step 1. Write 300 word article.
    Step 2. Submit to 50-100 directories.
    Step 3. Track backlinks over course of 1 month with any backlink tool.

IBuildLinks4You, Apr 17, 2009 IP