1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on starting an outsourcing development business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by slava75, Jul 10, 2006.

I run a few websites of my own – some content projects. Would like to move ahead.

I am in a situation when I have here (I reside in Eastern Europe) access to a pool of coders of different skills. And I am interested to start an outsourcing development business – to provide software development (including web applications/ websites) to other countries. It is not a secret that developers cost here cheaper.

It is my idea, but I am not sure how to find partners (I do not think I will be able to deal directly with the customer or am I wrong?) and set up contacts with those who reside in the countries I would like to target (Eastern Europe, Northern America).

Does anyone run a similar business? Where would you advise to start from?

Any help will be much appreciated.

slava75, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  2. etechsupport

etechsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you could find a good partner from Indian based outsourcing company, the developer/programmer charges are much cheaper there. I hope some one who are interested will respond you here.

etechsupport, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  3. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Indian ones are not that expensive .

FireStorM, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  4. Klaas Koopman

Klaas Koopman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are those thesame indians that scam around lately?

i'd say deal with the customers yourself, this way you keep everything in your own hands. Then also discuss with your designers, coders etc what kind of prices they are looking to get for their work, like per hour or per project and what amount!

I have been hired by a company who is doing thesame like you are, allthough I am from the Netherlands, and do have a nice price! And if you do this right, it can work for you and your clients/customers!

Klaas Koopman, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  5. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im getting closer to form a partnership witha group in india to provide seo and web design and directory link development to people here in california and the usa where i live. My seo can get any website into the top 10 yet he is languishing around not being able to show his work. He has trusted me enough to show me stuff he has worked on and i couldnt believe the results he has gotten in google until i saw them come in with my own eyes.. he will soon become very well known. IF anyone is looking for potential partnerships or projects that need seo , let me know . He is looking for a fair equal partnership. This guy is as triple H says " that damn gooddddd"
    I can show one awesome website as an example of his work in pm
    let me know guys.

pingpong123, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  6. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Klaas Koopman, true for every 100 you find one good one. At the time i had no choice but to go overseas to get my seo on my sites, but its awesome when u finally find a good one, but im ticked off at how his clients treat him as if he were a lower life form. I believe in fairness and business ethics, i may not rip people off to make that extra dollar but i sleep well at night.

pingpong123, Jul 13, 2006 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  7. old_expat

old_expat Peon

Best Answers:
    Black hat or white hat?

Short term or long term methods?

old_expat, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  8. jumbo

jumbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    pingpong - That is indeed the case IRL - sometimes you have to suck a few lemons :eek:

I also agree with your sentiments of providing a good fair price once you have found one. Its better to concentrate on getting more mileage and concentrate on the core business and not bother about getting cheaper anc cheaper services.

cheers

jumbo, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  9. lester88uk

lester88uk Peon

Best Answers:
    We run an up and coming UK based digital media agency, and we are looking for outsourcing partners in Eastern Europe.

Are you still interested?

Dean

lester88uk, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  10. vipsha

vipsha Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find partners like us..
    We are running a software Development company in INDIA and doing business locally and internationally.
    We can work for your projects also.
    Please let us know about your requirements.

Thanks

vipsha, Sep 11, 2009 IP