1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have a newsletter of 450k+ College Students Need Help

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by joepan, Jul 11, 2006.

I have an asset as far as my list goes to send out email newsletters to but have never thought about adding an ad in them to make money. I wuld like some direction of specific places I should register tobe able to make money off my list and guidence on how you would utilize my list. They are true authentic 450k .edu emails. So what woul dyou do in my spot to make the most money out of this?

Thanks!

joepan, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  2. tims

tims Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi joepan,

As most students (in general) are hard up and working side jobs as well as studying, recommend a reputable program that can help them earn extra :) After you have joined of course...

tims, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  3. joepan

joepan Peon

Best Answers:
    tims do you have any suggestions?

joepan, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  4. tims

tims Guest

Best Answers:
    joepan,

I just sent a PM.

tims, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  5. ares82

ares82 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a good idea tims. Students will spend money, but they will love it if you can give them ways to make some spare cash, by doing things they already do.

ares82, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  6. Jelf

Jelf Banned

Best Answers:
    You could register as an affiliate at cj and and a link to free scholarship search and get like 2 bucks each time someone searches idk jsut a thought lol

Jelf, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  7. tims

tims Guest

Best Answers:
    Another thought that I had, is to offer advertising space (for a fee of course) to other online marketers, a list of that size could make you a pretty penny.

BUT, and it's a big BUT, if your list is not used to seeing advertising in your mailings, some could get anti and unsubscribe from you list. If you decide that route, you should warm them to the thought of seeing advertising before you actually do it.

tims, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  8. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    some sort of earn extra money is a good idea (paid for surveys, paid for surfing the web..etc) but also something in the lines of ringtones or get a free ipod would probably convert well also

FPForum, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  9. herbalclicks

herbalclicks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ya,

Some college kids are broke like I was but also many of them have mommy and daddy's credit card!! They are a huge market.

As far as the list goes. .edu names usually only last for about 4 years because as soon as they graduate they usually lose their email address.

Better get hopping and start monetizing that list!!

herbalclicks, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  10. tims

tims Guest

Best Answers:
    Isn't this a good reason to get them into a program where both they and you can make money for many years to come?

tims, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  11. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    cookie stuff them with amazon and ebay affiliate ids, some of them are bound to buy something with in the next 30 days.

amnezia, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  12. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Elaborate a bit more amnezia...

livingearth, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  13. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    well theres the old skool method of cookie stuffing using iframes and javascipt redirects which most affiliates are now fairly clued up to. Or just find a product that you think most college students would be interested in. They click the link and they get your ebay affiliate cookie. 99% of them won't buy the product but its likely that some of them will by somthing for ebay within the next 30 days in which case your earn commision.

If you ever search for a keyword which isnt very competative then you often get ads displaying "buy this {KEYWORD} on ebay". These guys are banking on the fact your gonna click the ad. once you've clicked the ad you get the advertisers affiliate cookie stored in your browser for up to 30 days (sometimes longer with different affiliates). they then earn commission on stuff you buy from ebay plus a minimum $12 commision if you are a new ebay user.

amnezia, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  14. joepan

joepan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thaks for the input sound confussing though lol.

joepan, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  15. JonathanLyons

JonathanLyons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just know...if you were to go this route..."Cookie Stuffers" are highly frowned upon by the hard-working, honest affiliates. I don't recommend it. Your reputation will take you a long way...don't want to tarnish it to make a quick buck. :) IMHO.

JonathanLyons, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  16. drugoon

drugoon Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I don't like Cookie Stuffers :)

Scholarship offers could work but I think that you can promote this kind of offers only a few months a year. Do you have other details about your email adresses (like name so you can know if boy or girl, university and such).

drugoon, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  17. joepan

joepan Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not have names just the univeristy they go to and their email addresses.

joepan, Jul 16, 2006 IP