1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ever Notice this about all religion ???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by TheReeper420, Jan 31, 2009.

The fact that when we find a tribe of Humans in the amazon and document there society they also are religious how can this be according to ALL Religion there is the single God and Creator used to explian stuff those ppl are to stupid to research it and find science fact like that of evolution now i dont care what anyone says evolution is 100% proven ( All religion i know of has no proof of exsistance of any god ) yet there is Overwhelming evidence that humans evolved and were not created (im sorry if you believe that then its my religion blief to claim you are clinicly RETARDED) there is no evidence just a story someone told me.

come convince me god exists

TheReeper420, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  2. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    God exists only for those who believe in him. ;)

lightless, Jan 31, 2009 IP
    suitsme likes this.
  3. TheReeper420

TheReeper420 Peon

Best Answers:
    i can believe in a tree that grows real money but it will never happen no matter how much i believe.
    you can believe in what ever you like does not mean it exists by saying the lightless you have proved that religious people are retarded (im not saying you are but you just proved it)

Just Please prove to me that only pure belief by Nieve people can make something exist like god if it does where is he ???? why is there so much bad and so on well ill tell you (HIS NOT REAL MAY AS WELL GO A SEE HARRY POTTER AT HOGWARTS) i wonder how many children know that if they believe in harry potter he will be real.

Serious WAKE UP HUMANS STOP BELIEVING IN FALSE GODS THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

4. hash1

hash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    People are lost. They feel the need to believe in silly things to take there problems away

hash1, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  5. TheReeper420

TheReeper420 Peon

Best Answers:
    how can ppl be lost man screw believing in god wen there more important things like the prolonged exsistants of the human race and also getting the human race on to other planets so we are a multiterrestrial species not just ppl who believe a god will save them screw that we will save ourselves if we dont destroy ourselves first.

6. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not religious, so that proves nothing. How can what a non-religious person says be used to draw conclusions about religious people? Unless those were your preconclusions.

lightless, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  7. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    According to Christians, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. He is the only way to God and heaven.

Apparently the people (yes regular people, not God) who MADE UP that rule weren't evolved enough to think on a global scale.

Because according to that rule, anyone born any place where there are no Christians or there is another religion practiced will be automatically doomed. No matter how good of a life they lead and how nice a person they are.

Or in other words... dogmatic FAIL.

GeorgeB., Jan 31, 2009 IP
  8. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Despite your evolution approach, its still yet a theory.

If Evolution happens, how come we don't see humans coming out of chimps and chimps coming out of humans?

If Evolution happens, what do fish evolve into?

Evolution is Pokemon's thing.

Stroh, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  9. TheReeper420

TheReeper420 Peon

Best Answers:
    a you right there Stroh
    evolution happens over many many generations of breeding and selective breeding (survival of the fittest accounts for pretty much all of evolution) accept humans who feel the need to keep the mentally disabled alive and let ppl eat so much most 1st world countries have 50% + ppl obese. and we allow rape victims to give birth , and pedophiles to breed and for what becoz its humain not to end problems before they occur,
    how do you honestly think you can see evolution in this 100% corrupted gene of humans.

10. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    I for one believe in evolution but I also believe in God.

But there's fundamental things that have happened in the universe which would be impossible without a creator.

a) the creation of the universe

There was a time when all athiests claimed that the universe was eternal. Recent discoveries in the field of Cosmology have found that the universe is in fact around 15 billion years old, give or take. Now athiests are claiming that the universe was created by the big bang theory, a theory originally presented by a Roman Catholic Priest and has a ton of religious ideas in it.

b) the creation of life

All naturilistic theories have utterly failed to explain how nonliving chemicals could somehow have assembled themselves into the first living cell. There just aren't hurdles that need to be overcome, in terms of understanding how this might have happend, there are insurmountable barriers that aren't going to be resolved by more research.

Before I did a lot of research on this I was like you Reeper, young and atheist. My advice to you: do more research and soul searching.

Have you considered that maybe humans are genetically programmed to hold some sort of religious or spiritual belief?

I agree, utterly retarded and a pathetic attempt for power.

aletheides, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  11. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    One doesn't need to believe in evolution.

And until about a hundred years ago, people were often burned for being atheists. At least you theists have mellowed a little.

jumpboy11jaop, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  12. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not true at all! There are many religions that believe in many Gods not just one. Every heard the word Polytheist or Polytheism?

Your argument that you are right and every religious person in the world is wrong because of evolution is flawed in itself. You can no more prove that evolution is true than a religious person can prove their God is real. On the flip side, you can not prove that their God or Gods do not exist.

Since you have no proof either way, it gives you very little ground to stand on to judge others for their belief. People are entitled to believe what they wish and you have a right to dispute that belief but not to judge people as you are doing. Until you can provide the same proof you are asking of them, I suggest you keep your religious attacks to yourself.

allout, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  13. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Polytheism doesn't seem to have the staying power that monotheism does. Maybe it's on account of the centralization of power.

LogicFlux, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  14. Ironhide

Ironhide Peon

Best Answers:
    What you need to understand that there was a time when religion was a necessity for human kind to unite, to survive.

Yes, today we know that earth is round, and it is not the center of the universe. We know that sun is just another star not some God. Today we know the theory of evolution, also the possibility that we are not alone in this universe. Today we have too much scientific data to research. Today we are able to tell why Solar and Lunar eclipse happen, and many things like that.

But at that time all of these questions were unanswered, but finding the answers was necessary. So they came up with the easiest possible answer, an unseen almighty force is behind all this, and they called it God.

That unseen almighty force that creates a balance in universe is still out there, but educated people like you and me (and many others, who call themselves atheist) are waiting for science to unveil it. We refused to call it God, we refuse to submit to this unseen force, we would rather discover what is it. And I'm sure that day will come.

But it doesn't mean religion was just BS. It's a different but closed perspective. Today it seems like obsolete mindless path to follow. But it wasn't same always..

Ironhide, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious?

stOx, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  16. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I bet just about 99% of us have played Pokemon to know what they do. :rolleyes:

They evolve, we don't. We're our own species.

Try living in the arctic and see if you grow fur.
    Try living in the desert and see if your body adapts to it.
    Try living in a volcano and see if you can withstand being boiled alive.

With your dumb theory I would grow fur, I would be able to withstand heat and withstand being boiled alive.

TO me who cares where we came from we're humans enjoy life as you only have about 80 years (give or take depending on your habits like smoking) to live.

Stroh, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  17. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Evolution is adapting to your surroundings. Once fish are in their final form, unless a major change happens to their daily life to call for an extra limb, they will stay the way they are. Just like the crocodiles have been there in their existing form since the dinosaurs.

Get rid of all the water and then fish will need to adapt to breathing out of water - out of the 400 billion fish, maybe only 4 will have the genes necessary to fulfill this. While the rest all die, from them 4 fish left they will hopefully spawn 400 billion more that will become the new evolution you are wanting.

Bushranger, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  18. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most of those are much older religions that were squashed by the more modern religions like Christianity and Islam. The modern religion did what they could to eliminate the older religions by forcing their own beliefs on to these people. They even went as far as including many of the religious ceremonies and celebrations by disguising them as other holidays such as Christmas.

Though they are not as common as newer religions, many sustained for much longer a period than the more modern religions have been around.

allout, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  19. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Polytheism is deliberately attacked by monotheism wherever the two overlap, whereas polytheism tends to absorb other faiths or be absorbed. Monotheoply cannot tolerate even slightly different views about the same god, because it depends on power rather than attraction.

This is why the worst rivals of any monotheist sect are the other sects within the same religion (i.e. Shia/Sunni, Catholic/Protestant).

The staying power is debatable; consider Hinduism, which is as old as western monotheism. Of course, many religious wars are fought involving Hinduism as well.

amanamission, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  20. TheReeper420

TheReeper420 Peon

Best Answers:
    well Stroh were did i stay Evolution happens of 1 life time it does not it occurrs thru 100s of generations. a good example a black man and white women have a child it could be black ,white , tan and show traits from there ancestors. but if you breed a black person and black person you get a black child and nothing else.
    Also ppl do live in the desert and evolved that way why do you think humans live everywhere accept Antarctica becoz modern man could not get there 100,000 yrs ago (or there would be more Eskimo type humans)
    stroh ican beleive you cant see evolution try selective breeding of rats and see what evolves (in you life time you my see changes but it would take many many life times to occur naturally as the rats would have to seek out there partner and the chances 2 genetically superior rats find each other in the wild is slim to none so thats where man steps in (In reallity we are GOD ) we have the control of our evolution and i trully beleive ppl with deseised genetics shouldnot be allowed to breed (Mentally disabled , Pedos , even highly religious ppl who have extreme blind faith in god like suicide bombers ) the human race dose not need this filth.

TheReeper420, Feb 1, 2009 IP