Does AdSense affect Google SERP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Reikla, May 9, 2024.

So I have a site that's been growing day by day for the last couple of months and I thought about trying google adsense which I did on may 6th. On the very same day there were a huge drop in organic traffic as you can see on the attachment.

upload_2024-5-10_7-30-37.png

The all time high is on may 6th. Then the dramatic drop sending my progress back a month or so. The only change I did was to add one responsive display ad unit from adsense.

upload_2024-5-10_7-32-56.png

What I find strange is that average position in google search console still says the same position at about 6.

Is this just a coincidence or did people suddenly stopped googling my keywords?

Reikla, May 9, 2024 IP
  2. pssajit

pssajit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The loss in your website's ranking for organic keywords may be due to the addition of multiple plugins to support Google Adsense. These plugins can slow down your website's loading speed, which is a critical factor in search engine rankings. A slower site can negatively impact user experience and reduce your website's search engine results page (SERP) position. Try to install light plugins to support adsense code etc.

pssajit, May 10, 2024 IP